Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tuesday Excitement!
The day began in the Gym as usual. Mr. Playford asked everyone who is older than him to come to the front to assist with O'Canada this morning. I was the only one in the gym that was eligible!!! He also talked to the students about being thankful that we live in a peaceful and free country. He wants us all to focus on that as we think of Remembrance Day tomorrow.

In the classroom, Aiden was our leader. Great job with calendar, Aiden! Ms. Nixon challenged most of the students to an addition activity using mini blocks. I worked with another small group who sorted and wrote about their 3 different sorting "rules" and wrote an addition story, in words, as well.

We had show and share and snack. I read the story Time to Sleep, we did Sound Pail for the sound of 
"m-m-m" and we reviewed all of  our sounds to date.  The children are getting very good at reading the words I put together on the board with our sounds!. Ms. Nixon introduced an Itsy Bitsy Book about M,m and the class read it together at the carpet. Then they made Maracas with her which resulted in some spontaneous dancing and singing!

Following lunch recess I read a book called Poppies Are to Remember and the children were given a variety of "poppy" options as a followup. I have been using every spare moment to do some "testing" for report card writing!

In all, it was a great day in Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...