Thursday, May 11, 2017


Community Helper Day in Kindergarten!
It took almost all day, but we made it through all 13 presentations! 
Immediately following calendar with our leader, Hollie, we got started. The children all did an excellent job of explaining the importance of their choice of community helper. 
( OOPS!- At dismissal time I found a few props that the children forgot they had brought in to be aids in their presentations!)

Police Officer ~ I help keep people safe in my community!

Firefighter (minus his outfit!) ~ I have to know how to give First Aid!

Doctor ~ I help people who are sick or hurt!

Police Officer ~ I help to direct traffic!

Geologist ~ I find safe places to build houses and skyscrapers and find strong rocks to build with!

Police Officer ~ I use my radio to talk to other police officers!

Garbage helper ~ I help take care of the environment!

Police Officer ~ I help put bad people in jail!

Midwife ~ I help pregnant women get their babies out! (These are really her very words!)

Police Officer ~ I wear a bullet-proof vest so
                           I just get a little bit hurt!

Construction Worker ~ I build houses and buildings. I might have to dig a hole in a road sometime!

Soldier ~ I am brave and I help to protect our country!
My apologies to Santino ... my camera battery died during his turn :(  Santino was also a Police Officer and he told us that he would have to use pepper spray if the bad guy wasn't listening!

Thank you, parents, for your support with this project! It was a really great day of summarizing what they have learned!

In the midst of the presentations, the children also had Gym with Ms. Cranfield and French with Mme. V. It was a busy but exciting day! 

Wishing you a lovely evening!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...