Thursday, October 22, 2015

Happy Thursday!

I was greeted at the door this morning by very excited children chanting "Only 9 more sleeps until Hallowe'en!"
I knew right then and there that it was going to be an excitable day and there would not be any sense in trying to avoid Hallowe'en any longer!
Following O'Canada, a moment of silent reflection and some Blue Jay news, we were ready to get to the classroom. The children are now experts at completing their morning jobs! 
At Math time the JK's and SK's each worked at their own counting and number printing tasks. Numeracy skills are getting better and better!
In Language Arts, I read the story called The Lonely Scarecrow. We did an activity using "a", "e" and "i" cards on popsicle sticks. The children had to hold up the correct sound they heard in whatever word I said.
This afternoon we brainstormed for Hallowe'en words and created a word web. We sang some Hallowe'en songs and learned to add air to our voices to make them "spookier!" We made paper bag ghost puppets. 
All of the children have now received their Reading Bags and reading books. Reading days are coordinated with your child's Show and Share day.

Have a wonderful evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...