We had a WONDERFUL
Wednesday!
The Kinders have basically mastered the morning routine
of getting into the Gym in time for O’Canada, with indoor shoes on! They LOVE handing in their House points each
day!Calendar was led by Karmin today, with Ms. L.’s help. The older students are getting really good at counting backwards! Show and share followed for Grace and Ethan.
Many students brought something for the Sound Pail this morning and we had a variety of objects starting with “c” or “k” and ending with “ck”. Good job everyone! JK’s and SK’s moved to a table to do journal writing by copying “I like to eat “... and continuing the sentence with 1, 2 or 3 pictures and matching words.
Our story today was called I Like Pumpkins and was about the variety of shapes, sizes and functions of pumpkins!
Following French we tried to talk
about where all of our favourite foods come from. This was an interesting
discussion as I discovered that most of the students had not considered that
food comes from anywhere than a grocery store or restaurant. The idea of someone
having to grow the wheat for the pizza crust or the tomatoes for the sauce was
a little out of reach for them. Thus I learned an important lesson today!!!!
After lunch recess we went to the
gym to see the Camp Quality Puppet show. It was very well done. There was even
a puppet with an amputated leg who referred to Terry Fox. I could see my students
“perk” up their ears at the mention of his name!
We did our library book exchange and
then had a free choice activity time. I read with today’s students and gave
them their word rings and a new book for the week! Here are a few random pictures from today.
| Katie was busy writing letters at the new Writing Centre today during Free Choice time! |
| A grade 5 student checking out how the puppets work! |
No comments:
Post a Comment