Terrific Tuesday
During Opening Exercises, Mr. Playford separated the males from the females and we sang alternate lines of O'Canada to each other. Let's just say that the female side sounded like an angel chorus!
Reed led us through the calendar routines today. All of the children are getting much more sure of themselves at calendar time!
It was the day for a "Numeracy Assessment." JK's and SK's each had their own tasks and I was pleased with the results!
In Language Arts I read the story called When The Leaf Blew In. We learned the sound of "short e" ... as in pen, net, bed. Sound Pail for this sound tomorrow! Each group was assigned a mini book about leaves and fall and we will follow-up with this activity tomorrow. JK students were required to use their "student tools folder" to match colour words in order to make their leaves the right colour. SK's were also reading colour words and working in the mini book accordingly.
This afternoon we completed some unfinished tasks. I was able to complete some reading assessments as it is soon report card-writing time! We also played a memory game where I placed 10, then 15, and then 20 objects on a tray and then secretly took one away! I couldn't stump them! Their memories are amazing!!!! :)
Enjoy your evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment