Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Terrific Tuesday!

I hope you had a great long weekend! Welcome back!  I think we have several weeks ahead without any big interruptions! HurrayJ
Opening ex. in the gym; collection of house points; organizing ourselves into 2 groups (led by Mr. P.) – those with birthdays on an even number and those on an odd number ~ then order yourselves from 1 to 31! It took awhile, especially when some of the younger ones don’t know their birthdays yet and I had to either remember or run to refer to our birthday chart! But it was a great exercise!
Our leader today was Grace and she did a good job of getting us through all calendar routines. We had a few minutes of “WEEKEND NEWS!” There is always a lot to talk about.
We learned the sound of “X,x” today and I read Fox in Socks to the JK/SK group! We did a skill-sheet together and suddenly it was snack time.
In Math we reviewed 2-D and 3-D shapes and learned about rectangles and rectangular prisms. We discovered that there are A LOT of rectangular prisms in our classroom! ~ from blocks to doors to Kleenex boxes!
In the afternoon for our Unit of Inquiry we learned a song called “What will I be when I wear a hat like that?” I showed the children different paper hat cut-outs and we placed them on a chart with the name of the occupation beside it. They then created a worksheet by choosing one of the hats.



 I have just included the SK samples!

Reading, free choice activities, and finishing skill-sheets not done in class time concluded the day!

These are the paper cubes the JK's and SK's made last week!


Enjoy the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...