Mid-week News!
Our day began in the Gym for O'Canada and announcements. Following the completion of all morning jobs, Charlotte led us through calendar. She was quick to tell us that today is the 76th school day!
Our Math lesson today was a follow-up to reading and writing time to the hour in analog and digital time. JK's and SK's completed skillsheets.
I read a story after recess, called "Sheepdog in the Snow." We had Sound Pail for the sound of "j". I read out all of the speeches and we had a few good chuckles! We will begin "perfecting" them in class next week. Please work on the memorization at home.
A slight change in schedule today! - we had French at 1 pm! (which really threw the children off!) Following recess we did some catch up on some unfinished work and I got caught up on reading with everyone!
In case you haven't noticed, we "pick up the pace" a bit in January and my expectations in class work increases according to age, development and ability of each student. We have been very busy and will continue to be quite busy as the students' skills improve ... which for some, is almost daily:) I am finding it more and more difficult to take pictures during the day as there is always something happening that requires my hands and head! However, I will try to do my best in this department now that I am also in "back into the swing of things!"
Have a wonderful evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment