Wednesday, October 7, 2015

P-P-P-Pumpkins!
Our morning began as usual, in the Gym, with O'Canada and a recognition of all of our students from Grades 1-6 who attended the Dufferin County Cross-Country meet yesterday. Our school did quite well. Actual results will be posted soon.

Charlotte was our day's leader and took us through all calendar routines with ease. Today is our 21st school day! At Math time, Ms. Nixon presented a Domino Parking Lot activity. The children had to count the combined dots on the dominoes and match them to the appropriate numeral. The JK's did especially well with this task, demonstrating good growth in the area of number recognition. For the remainder of Math time I told "mixed up" stories about each child and we talked about the words "order" and "sequencing." Perhaps you could ask your child about the funny stories I told them!


Domino Parking lots!


Show and Share time


Following snack and recess, we had Sound Pail for the sound of "p." I presented the children with their Sound Card Ring and their Word Ring which will both eventually accompany their reading book in the Reading Bag. I an currently working on Reading Assessments and hope to have each child set up with individual reading programs by the end of next week.

I told the children the story of the first Thanksgiving (a very condensed version!) and we each expressed some things we are thankful for. During free choice time, I was able to read with two SK students. 

In the Gym we worked with Hula Hoops and Ms. Nixon taught us a new game. 

The day concluded with French.

Learning weather terms with Madame V.!
Have an awesome evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...