Thursday, April 3, 2014

I am going to write today's blog in a short form style. Please let me know which one you prefer to read!
Opening Ex./ Attendance / Announcements  
Fact of the day from Madeline ... Did you know that cats have 38 muscles in each ear?
ENGLISH: Printing the letter "b" ... well done everyone. We finished our bunny books and read them together. Students circled the word "his" on each page and the word "the" on the last page. Some of them got sent home today but I am still "marking" a few.
After an outdoor recess I read a silly book called April Rabbits about a boy named Robert who saw the same number of rabbits as the number of the date in April. So today, on the 4th, he thought he saw something "rabbit-y" in the living room while he watched TV. We counted 4 rabbits hiding.
FRENCH:
MATH: We played a game called popcorn where the children popped up if I said an odd 
number and squatted if I said an even number.
Pizza lunch enjoyed by everyone.
Quiet time: All students relaxed on the carpet while listening to a story tape called "The 
Old Woman Who Lived in a Vinegar Bottle". The entire school was a-buzz with way too much noise today so some quiet time was required for all of us in Kindergarten!
GYM: We played Scarf Tag. 
After recess it was Sofia's and Orla's turn for show and share. Then it was Free choice activity time and I read with Orla, Sofia and Georgia. Tidy up went quickly today. Many of the children were playing with things they brought from home. Some finished up snacks and some just rested! The students are enjoying our new job wall. Five students have specific jobs to do each day for a week and then we give the jobs to someone else.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
P.S. Apparently I forgot to start a new blog today and just wrote over yesterday's so the date should really say Fri., Apr. 4/14!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Beautiful Wednesday! (It flew by like most days do!!) Calendar time with our leader!  We sang the colour song today, as we always ...