Friday - Day 101!!!!
Today we added the number 101 to our "Days at School" chart. It was a perfect opportunity to talk about "ZERO, THE HERO." What would 101 be without him?! Each student had a turn to answer a calendar question as our leader was not here yet. The SK's had their Spelling Dictation while the JK's coloured a fancy 100! We had our 100-Day cookies leftover from yesterday. Following the first recess I read a book called One Hundred Shoes. Very cute! Ask your child why centipedes go barefoot!
We talked about all of the things we have learned about penguins and I wrote each thing on chart paper. I gave each child their answer and they copied the words onto a penguin cutout! They felt very grown up today:)
Following lunch we learned how to draw a penguin. It was fun too! We packed up for the weekend and had some music time while we waited for the bus to arrive for skating. Many of the children are disappointed about it being our last time. I hope you enjoyed watching their skating progress, especially for those who are new at it.
Have a lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment